Friday, April 28, 2006

Today in my database : Mary Heritage (b. April 28, 1666)

Today's featured relative in my database is my paternal 9th great-grandmother, Mary Heritage.

Mary was born April 28, 1666 in Sutton, England, according to my database. She was the daughter of Richard and Mary (Timms) Heritage.

Mary married J. William Clark on September 13, 1687 in Gloucester Co., NJ. J. William was born 1656 in Gloucester, England and died in 1733. Mary died 1740 in Gloucester Co., NJ.

I descend from Mary & J. William's daughter, Mary Clark who married Nathaniel Chew.

Looking at this line, it is more than likely Quaker, and I wonder if the dates that I show are correct. Quaker dating did not use the pagan names of the months or days of the week, so this information in the database maybe incorrect.

My line of descent from Mary Heritage is as follows:

Mary Heritage & J. William Clark
Mary Clark & Nathaniel Chew
Jeffrey Chew & Amy Driver
Jesse Chew & Mary Richards
Nathaniel Chew & Sarah Springer
Nathaniel Chew & Mary West
Ezekiel Cooper Chew & Caroline Bishop Woolston
Mary Keziah Chew & Luman Walker Lemasters [my 2nd great-grandparents]

No comments: