Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Today in my database : John Adam Metzner (b. August 23, 1840)

Today's featured relative in my database is my paternal 2nd-great grandfather, John Adam Metzner.

John was born August 23, 1840 in Licking Co., OH, the son of John and Catherine (Young) Metzner. John married November 13, 1864 in Jay Co., IN to Clara Moulton, daughter of Albert and Emeline (Philbrick) Moulton. Clara was born September 1843 in Licking Co., OH and died July 2, 1899 in Westchester, Jay Co., IN. John died December 4, 1895 in Westchester, Jay Co., IN.

John served during the Civil War as a member of Co. G, 40th Ohio Infantry and the 51st Ohio Infantry.

Children of John Adam and Clara (Moulton) Metzner :
i. Willis A.L. Metzner
ii. Cora Belle Metzner m. Eli Weldon Haley
iii. Wesley F. Metzner m. Elnora Axe
iv. Lewis Metzner

I descend from John Adam and Clara (Moulton) Metzner through their daughter, Cora, who is my great-grandmother.

No comments: