Friday, September 21, 2007

Alexandria-Monroe Historical Society Museum Visit

Yesterday on my lunch hour, I visited the Alexandria-Monroe Historical Society Museum located at 313 N. Harrison St. Alexandria Indiana. The museum is run by volunteers and is only open on Thursdays from 1-5 p.m.

It had been many years since I was able to visit the museum, and I was pleasantly surprised at the numerous exhibits and pictures with local history. I found a picture of my uncle Terry Wright in his Boy Scout days, also my great-uncle John High was featured in the military history room.

The local history section was full of tidbits for further research, including local funeral home and church records. I noticed that my cousin had submitted a notebook on the KING family and there were others that I would have loved to have been able to examine, had I more time. I am going to have to plan some quick lunch time research there in the near future.

Membership in the society is only $10/year.

No comments: