Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jacob Smith household - Hardin Co., IA

The Jacob SMITH household appears in the 1860 census of Eldora Twp., Hardin Co., IA. Jacob is my paternal 4th great grandfather.

In the 1860 census, he is listed as "J. SMITH", a 68 year-old Farmer, born in New Jersey with a personal estate valued at $300. His wife, "J. SMITH", was a 68 year-old female born in Georgia.

My research notes state that Jacob and Jane (ELLIOTT) SMITH moved to Iowa in the mid 1850's and died in Hardin Co. Their son, William P., was my ancestor, though this line needs more work before I am confident that I have the correct family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have these names in my family tree. Maybe we should compare notes.

Travis LeMaster said...

Cori - Please contact me and let's compare notes.