Source: Anderson Daily Bulletin, Anderson, Indiana, Friday, June 1, 1956, pages 11-12.
Shirley Lambertson Weds Virgil Patz on May 26
Miss Shirley Lambertson daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Lambertson Sr., 402 Walnut St., Alexandria, became the bride of Virgil L. Patz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Patz, 1301 W. 1st St., Alexandria, on Saturday, May 26 at 9 a.m. in the St. Mary's Catholic Church with the Rev. Robert F. Kreutzer, of Lebanon, officiating at the double-ring ceremony. Assisting Rev. Kreutzer were George Ross, Pat Matney, Charles Montgomery and William Montgomery, of Anderson.
Organ selections were presented by Mrs. Harry Beardsley, and vocalists at the nuptial high mass were Charles Mack, of Alexandria, and Mrs. Lawrence Staggs, of Anderson.
The chancel was decorated with bouquets of mums, snapdragons and palms. A white aisle runner extended to the altar.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride appeared in a floor-length gown of hand-clipped Chantilly lace and nylon tulle which featured a scalloped neckline, a fitted bodice and lace appliques on the bouffant skirt. The long tapered sleeves came to bridal points over her hands.
Her finger-tipped veil of illusion fell from a crown of seed pearls and sequins. She wore a single strand of pearls, a gift from the groom, and carried a white prayer book and a cascade arrangement of rosebuds, white streamers and lace.
The maid of honor, Miss Darleen Lambertson, sister of the bride, wore a waltz-length gown of shell pink satin which featured a square off-the-shoulder neckline outlined by a row of ruffled net. She carried a cascade of raspberry carnations.
The bridesmaids, Misses Ilene Mack, of Alexandria, and Jean Ann Fettig, of Hartford City, wore identically fashioned waltz-length gowns of net over taffeta. Tiers of figured nylon net ruffles accented the bodice, skirt and capelet. Miss Mack wore pale lavender and Miss Fettig was gowned in lime green. Both carried cascades of yellow and lavender carnations. All the attendants wore a triple banded cap of feathers dotted with rhinestones.
Frank Lambertson, brother of the bride, served as best man. Ushers included Joseph Rasteller Jr., Maurice Mehling, Larry Pierce and David Garner.
For her daughter's wedding, Mrs. Lambertson chose a pink dress with white accessories and a corsage of pink carnations. Mrs. Patz, mother of the bridegroom, wore a blue dress with white accessories and a corsage of blue carnations.
A reception was held in the parish club rooms. The serving table was centered with a five-tiered wedding cake decorated with roses and topped with a miniature bride and groom. Serving the guests were Miss Teresa Diamond, Mrs. Frances New, of Alexandria; Miss Maralyn Young, of Summitville, and Miss Betty Maxwell, of Anderson. Individual tables were decorated with bridal colors and centered with wedding bells. Miss Marjorie Gooding presided at the registration table.
For her wedding trip to Chicago, Mrs. Patz changed into a lavender silk dress with a matching linen jacket and a corsage of pink roses. Upon their return the couple will reside at 506 W. Van Buren, Alexandria.
Mrs. Patz was graduated from Alexandria High School and is employed as a secretary in the engineering department of Haynes-Stellite Co. Her husband was graduated from Alexandria High School and attended St. Joseph's College and Ball State Teachers College. He served two years in the U.S. Army and is presently employed as a clerk in the E and R department of Johns-Manville Co., Alexandria.