My maternal 3rd-great grandparents, Daniel and Elizabeth (SHAW) KING, are buried in the Howard Cemetery, Pipe Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana.
Daniel was born September 3, 1820 in Ohio, the son of William and Sarah (SULLIVAN) KING.
Elizabeth was born October 1827 in Ohio, the daughter of William and Mary (HECK) SHAW.
Daniel and Elizabeth were married on December 5, 1847 in Madison County, Indiana. Daniel was a farmer, and they lived out their lives in Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana.
Daniel died on February 24, 1876 in Frankton, Madison County, Indiana. Elizabeth remarried to William H. COCHRAN. Elizabeth died on October 10, 1900 in Frankton, Madison County, Indiana
Children of Daniel and Elizabeth (SHAW) KING were:
- Mary Jane KING (1849-1935); married Leroy YOUNG; 3 children
- Henrietta KING (1851-1851)
- Arvilla Samantha KING (1852-aft1860)
- David KING (1854-1914); married Litha Ann MAY; 6 children
- Eliza Margaret KING (1857-1889); married James H. DWIGGINS; 3 children
- Suman Douglas KING (1861-1950); married Amanda FOX; 10 children
- Sarah Ann KING (1864-bef1870)
- James Alfred KING (1865-1933); married Ella LOWERY; 3 children; married Rosie DILL; 4 children
- Ellen KING (1868-1913); married John William WRIGHT: 4 children
- Benjamin Zellen KING (1871-1956); married Elizabeth Ann SCHELL; 6 children