My maternal 3rd-great grandparents, Joseph W. and Rebecca Ann (HEATON) WRIGHT, are buried in the I.O.O.F. cemetery in Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana.
Joseph was born April 1838 in Brown County, Ohio, the son of John and Anna (WARDLOW) WRIGHT.
Rebecca was born 1841 in Brown County, Ohio, the daughter of James R. and Elizabeth (JACOBS) HEATON.
Joseph and Rebecca were married November 1, 1857 in Schuyler County, Missouri. There was a mass migration of several related families out of Brown County, Ohio to Schuyler County, Missouri in the late 1850s. Joseph and Rebecca soon returned to Brown County, as they were enumerated in the 1860 census there.
Joseph and his family moved to Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana in the mid-1860s where they were engaged in farming.
Rebecca died on March 25, 1890 in Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana. After her death, Joseph remarried to Dorothy PALMER on April 11, 1891 in Madison County, Indiana. Joseph died on September 16, 1919 in Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana.
Children of Joseph and Rebecca Ann (HEATON) WRIGHT are:
- Mary A. WRIGHT (1858-1910); married William Frank KIRK; 3 children
- John William WRIGHT (1860-1945); married Ellen KING; 4 children
- Elizabeth WRIGHT (1863-1882); married William Alpha JONES; 1 child
- Anna L. WRIGHT (1864-1914); married Albert Morris VINSON; 1 child
- James WRIGHT (1868-1936); married Clara B. HICKS; 4 children
- Charles Riggs WRIGHT (1870-1967); married Bertha C. LEONARD; 4 children
- Daisy L. WRIGHT (1873-aft1930); married Thomas A. FOX: 4 children
- Edward E. WRIGHT (1875-1960); married Martha Jane STARR; 3 children
- Jesse WRIGHT (1878-1919); married Hazel O'BRYANT