The following facts about George's life are known:
- Birth: He was born May 16, 1840 in Hardin County, Ohio, the son of George J. and Rachel (GARY) HALEY.
- Census: 1860 - he appears in the George HALEY household in Claridon Township, Marion County, Ohio, occupation listed as farmer.
- Marriage: He married Mary Jane SHERRICK on October 14, 1862 in Ashland County, Ohio.
- Census: 1880 - he appears as the head of household in Liberty Township, Seneca County, Ohio.
- Residence: 1887 - he was living in Section 5 of Noble Township, Jay County, Indiana, according to the "Biographical and Historical Record of Jay County, Indiana".
- Death: He died December 16, 1892 in Jay County, Indiana.
- Burial : He is buried at the Mt. Zion Cemetery, Jay County, Indiana.
- Census: need to locate him in the 1850 census, should be in the George HALEY household in Marion County, Ohio.
- Military: There is a George HALEY who served in Company E, 7th Indiana Cavalry during the Civil War. Need to verify whether or not this is the same person.
- Census: need to locate him in the 1870 census, should be head of household in Seneca County, Ohio.
- Death: Need to obtain a copy of his death certificate from the Jay County, Indiana Health Department
- Obituary: Need to obtain a copy of his obituary from the local newspapers.
- Will : Need to determine if he left a will or estate in Jay County, Indiana.
Ahnentafel # 40: George J. HALEY (1814-1888); Basel, Switzerland>Erie Co., OH
Related blog posts: