Friday, February 12, 2010

Family Milestones: February 12th

My maternal 4th-great granduncle, Arana WARDLOW, was married on this date in 1852 in Brown County, Ohio to Mary DENNIS.  Mary was his third wife.  Arana, or "Rainey" as he was known, was born December 19, 1806 in Ohio, the son of Samuel and Elizabeth (NESBIT) WARDLAW.  Mary was born circa 1815 in Kentucky.  They lived in Washington Township, Brown County, Ohio.  Arana died July 11, 1884 in Brown County, Ohio.

My paternal 2nd-great grandaunt, Susannah WEHRLY, was married on this date in 1844 to Charles PETRY.  Susannah was born December 12, 1824 in Tiffin, Seneca County, Ohio, the daughter of Johannes and Barbara (PETRY) WEHRLY, and the older sister of my William P. WEHRLY.  Charles was born January 27, 1822 in York County, Pennsylvania, the son of Jacob and Magdalena (MILLER) PETRY. They raised 8 children in Wayne and Noble Townships, Jay County, Indiana.  Charles died March 28, 1893 in Jay County, Indiana.  Susannah died June 23, 1910 in Salamonia, Jay County, Indiana.  Both are buried in the Salamonia Cemetery, Jay County, Indiana.


My maternal 4th-great grandaunt, Lucinda WARDLAW, was married on this date in 1843 in Brown County, Ohio to Isaac WRIGHT.  Lucinda was born circa 1814 in Ohio, the daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth (NESBIT) WARDLAW, and the older sister of my Anna WARDLOW.  I do not have dates of birth or death for Isaac.  Nothing further is known at this time.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arana "Rainey" Wardlaw was my great-great grandfather, his son Clarence, fathered my grandfather Clyde William Wardlow, his eldest daughter, RoxAnne, is my mother. Interstingly enough, my great uncle Chester Wardlow, Clyde's brother has three daughters, one of which is named Lucinda.

Anonymous said...

Arana "Rainey" Wardlaw was my great-great grandfather, his son Clarence, fathered my grandfather Clyde William Wardlow, his eldest daughter, RoxAnne, is my mother. Interstingly enough, my great uncle Chester Wardlow, Clyde's brother has three daughters, one of which is named Lucinda.