Saturday, February 27, 2010

Family Milestones: February 27th

My maternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Mary Ann BEALS, was married on this date in 1884 to Joseph E. GILBERT.  Mary was the daughter of John T. and Mary (DAVIS) BEALS, and the younger sister of my Nathan Thomas BEALS.  Mary was born March 27, 1859 in Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.  I do not have date of birth and death for Joseph.  They resided in Girrard, Crawford County, Kansas and Hennessey, Kingfisher County, Oklahoma.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My maternal 5th-great grandaunt, Sarah JACOBS, was married on this date in 1812 in Adams County, Ohio to Valentine SHELDON.  Sarah was the daughter of William and Sibell (LITTELL) JACOBS, and the younger sister of my James Thomas JACOBS.  I do not have dates of birth and death for Valentine.  Sarah died December 26, 1839 in Brown County, Ohio.

My paternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Sophia Polly MOULTON, was born on this date in 1823 in Rutland County, Vermont.  Sophia was the daughter of Selah and Lydia (FENNEL) MOULTON, and the younger sister of my Albert MOULTON.  Sophia married April 1841 in Licking County, Ohio to Lorenzo SHERMAN.  Lorenzo was born circa 1811 in Vermont, the son of Shubael and Phebe (________) SHERMAN.  They had 8 children and resided in Jay County, Indiana.  Sophia died December 7, 1907 in Jay County, Indiana.

No comments: