The following facts about Clara's life are known:
- Birth: She was born March 1869 in Indiana, probably Madison County, the daughter of John and Jane Ann (ALDERMAN) PENISTEN.
- Marriage: She married William Francis PIERCE on January 14, 1892 in Madison County, Indiana.
- Census: 1900 - she appears in the household of William F. PIERCE in the Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana. She is listed as the mother of 5 children, with 3 still living.
- Death: She died September 26, 1906 in Lafayette Township, Madison County, Indiana of diabetes.
- Obituary: Her obituary appeared in the Alexandria-Times Tribune, Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana.
- Burial: She was buried in the Maplewood Cemetery, Anderson, Madison County, Indiana.
- Census:1870 - need to locate her in the 1870 census, should be in the John PENISTEN household in Madison County, Indiana.
- Census:1880 - need to locate her in the 1880 census, should be in the John PENISTEN household in Madison County, Indiana
- Death: Need to obtain an official copy of her death certificate from the Madison County, Indiana Health Department
- Obituary: Need to obtain exact date of obituary in the Alexandria Times-Tribune, also need to seek out additional obituaries in local newspapers.
Ahnentafel # 54: John PENISTEN (c1839-1908); Indiana>Madison Co., IN
Ahnentafel # 108: George Washington PENISTEN (1813- ); Pike Co., OH>Madison Co., IN
Ahnentafel # 216: Isaac PENISTEN (c1762- ); New Jersey>Pike Co., OH
Ahnentafel # 432: George PENISTEN (c1740 )
Related blog posts: