Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

Where does the time go?  This spring/summer seems to be busier than normal.  Perhaps I have too much on my plate.  I haven’t spent any time during the last month working on genealogy, and for the past 3 weeks or so – no new blog posts.  This, after building up a few subscribers and having new friends begin to post comments – then “poof”, I’ve fallen off the face of the Earth.

What have I been doing?  Between working on homework for my MBA classes, we underwent a remodel in our bathroom which had our house tore up.  Fortunately, it wasn’t too expensive and worked out just great but it added to the household stress.  However, that wasn’t the main thing that kept me busy – it was my new hobby (as if I needed another!) of going to auctions.

I had been to a few auctions as a kid with my folks – one of my early memories was of a personal property sale of my great uncles house, so I had a vague recollection of how they work. My folks always wanted to open an antique shop and have quite a good collection over the years.  A co-worker of mine works for a local auction house part-time and loves to hit the sales.  So the combination of history, memories and curiosity led me to start hitting the local sales over the last month or so.

I've managed to learn a bit about the psychology of the sales and "win" a few lots.  Lots of junk, mostly.  I did, however, manage to turn some of it into a profit at the town rummage.  Then there is the stuff that may end up on Ebay.

Somewhere in there I need to catch up on my research, answer the emails that have been ignored, and post some more "pre-loaded" and now "back-dated" posts about family milestones on the events that occurred in June that I might have missed.

Oh, and I still need to write another paper for class....

No comments: