Monday, September 13, 2010

Amanuensis Monday: Dere Iss No Place Like Portland, Ind. Postcard (1913)

Amanuensis: A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another.






This postcard was sent to my paternal granduncle, Clarence Stuber, by his sister, Lottie.  The date on the postmark is April 3, 1913, mailed from Portland, Indiana to Spencerville, Ohio.


The front of the card reads: Dere Iss No Place Like Portland, Ind. Because I Gets Mine Bread Undt Butter Dere.


Hello - Rec'd letter glad to hear from you. Rec'd card from John today. He is O.K. I am in new P.O.  Have 3 squares to go now.  Will write later.  Lottie


The card is address to: Clarence Stuber, Spencerville, Ohio, Box 54.

John Newmark at TransylvanianDutch started this Monday genealogy meme, which has quickly spread throughout the Geneablogger community. I am excited to be a participant and transcribe the records of my family.

No comments: