Monday, March 28, 2011

LeMaster Families, 1941 Portland, Indiana Directory

Source: Portland, Indiana Con-Survey Directory, 1941 (Parsons, Kansas: Baldwin and Sun), page 147

This is a scan of a page from the 1941 directory of Portland, Jay County, Indiana that contained listings of the LeMaster family.  I retrieved this on my last visit to the Jay County Public Library.

Le Master Arth (Maude) h 624 N Meridian 
Le Master John L Co Aud res Ft Recovery Ohio RD 3
Le Master Nadine mach opr Jay Garment Co h 3 Bryson Apts
Le Master Ord W (Ruth) 3 prs mn Sheller Mfg Corp r 507 E Walnut

My grandfather, Ord, was working for Sheller Manufacturing Corporation, or Sheller-Globe.  The household had 3 children at the time.



View Larger Map

Grandpa's brother, John, was County Auditor, and I thought it was odd that his mailing address was listed as Ohio.  Then my dad told me that folks who lived out in the Salamonia area had a rural delivery mailing address of nearby Fort Recovery, Ohio. Interesting.  

No comments: