Sunday, November 11, 2012

Research Trip Notes : Allen County Public Library


Last Sunday, I managed to get away to the Allen County Public Library in Ft. Wayne, Indiana to do some research.  The library has hours from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, and with parking in the garage only $ 1.00 per hour, I need to take advantage of the opportunity when I can.  

The library now has a photocopy card that it uses as cash, you can reload the card with any denomination.  No more lugging around quarters, nickels and dimes.  

I managed to snag a few photocopies from some of the printed material, which I need to digest and update in my research logs.

In Darke County, Ohio Marriages 1899-1911 by Doris Aultman, I found reference to the Groenendyke and Lambertson families.

In Eddie Schirack's Notes & General Index Estates, Wills and Civil Cases 1818-1878 of Darke County, Ohio, I found references to the Groenendyke and Lambertson families.

In Abstracts of Johnson Funeral Home, 1916-1943, I found reference to the Ingram family.

In Miller Funeral Home Records, 1917 to 1950, Greenville, Ohio, I found reference to the Groenendyke and Lambertson families.

In Early Marriage Records of Darke County, Ohio, 1817-1865 Volume II by Fort Greenville Chapter D.A.R., I found reference to the Miller family.

In Early Marriage Records of Darke County, Ohio, 1817-1865 Volume I by Fort Greenville Chapter D.A.R., I found reference to the Chew family.

In Jay County Pioneers Prior to 1886, I found reference to the LeMaster family.

In Jay County, Indiana, Marriages 1837-1865, transcribed by Rex Bertram, I found reference to the Cunningham, LeMaster, Harter, Wehrly, Metzner and Moulton families.

In Records of Zook Funeral Home Converse Indiana, 1904-1922, I found reference to the Albright family.

In Vital Statistics Index to St. Joseph County, Indiana Newspapers, 1831-1912 by David Eisen, I found reference to the Chew family.

In Lancaster Cemetery, 1837-1967, Huntington County, Indiana, I found reference to the Lewis family.

In Marshall County, Indiana Land Grants, I found reference to the Fisher and Bigley families.

In Marshall County, Indiana Marriage Records 1836-1888, I found reference to the Bigley, Peeples, Fisher, Chew and  McMillen families.

In Index to Marriage Records, Howard County, Indiana 1844-1920, I found reference to the Beals family.

In Index to Birth Records, Huntington County, Indiana, I found reference to the Lewis family.

As I sort through this material, I will be added additional posts to the blog.

No comments: