Sunday, December 30, 2012

Genealogical Serendipity

Today a little genealogy serendipity came my way while working on updating my family tree at Ancestry.  I have a limited, work-in-progress online, and today spent time making sure that at least the data corresponding to my exploratory data analysis series of posts matched what I had at Ancestry.

In updating the record for my maternal great granduncle, Orville Edward "Jack" Lambertson, I decided to search again for the record of his marriage to his first wife, Mary E. Herter.  I was pretty sure that I had searched for it before in the online indices at Family Search, but I gave it another try and hit paydirt.

In their Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 database, I found :

groom's name: Orville Lambertson
groom's birth date:
groom's birthplace:
groom's age:
bride's name: Mary Herter
bride's birth date:
bride's birthplace:
bride's age:
marriage date: 30 Dec 1922
marriage place:
groom's father's name: Charles Lambertson
groom's mother's name: Pearl Beals
bride's father's name: Henry Herter
bride's mother's name: Martha Hughes
groom's race:
groom's marital status:
groom's previous wife's name:
bride's race:
bride's marital status:
bride's previous husband's name:
indexing project (batch) number: I01571-5
system origin: Indiana-EASy
source film number: 2108463
reference number: 5

There was no image yet available, but with an exact date I can now locate the record at the courthouse in Anderson.

Noticing that the date of their marriage was December 30th, I couldn't help but wonder if they were wanting this record to be found today.

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

Maybe they did, because I believe there is a continual connection between heaven and earth.