Sunday, December 23, 2012

Marriage License: Arthur E. Graves to Carrie M. Haley, 1895

Source: Jay County, Indiana, Original Marriage License, "Arthur E. Graves to Carrie M. Haley, 1895"; County Marriage Returns Collection; Jay County Historical Society, Portland, Indiana.

You are hereby duly authorized to join together as 

Husband and Wife

Arthur E. Graves and Carrie M. Haley

In Testimony Whereof, I, [illegible]

Clerk of the Jay Circuit Court have hereunto set my hand and affixed the seal of said Court at Portland, this 22nd day of February 1895

[illegible]
 Clerk

State of Indiana Jay County SCT:

I, Rev. R. Rainey a Minister in said County do certify that on the 23 day of February 1895 I joined together as Husband and Wife Arthur E. Graves and Carrie M. Haley. 

Gien under my hand, this 23 day of February 1895

Rev. R. Rainey

This record of the marriage of Arthur E. Graves (1871-1920) and Carrie Mae Haley (1877-1956) was located at the Jay County Historical Society in Portland, Indiana.

Carrie Haley was the daughter of George Washington Haley and Mary Jane (Sherrick) Haley, making her my paternal great-grandaunt.



No comments: