Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Photo: Harvey Allen Wehrly & Nettie (Shreeve) Wehrly


Harvey Allen Wehrly & Nettie (Shreeve) Wehrly


Cousin Tonya Lang provided me with a copy of this picture of her great-grandparents, Harvey Allen Wehrly and Nettie (Shreeve) Wehrly.  She found my blog while searching for information on the Wehrly family.  
Harvey was the younger brother of my great-grandmother Barbara Isabel Wehrly, making Tonya and I third cousins.

Harvey was born December 21, 1876 in Salamonia, Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana, the son of William P. and Olive Jane (Smith).  He married Nettie Shreeve on October 9, 1898 and they were parents of 7 children.

According to Tonya, Harvey died when she was 8, but she remembered that he always wore a three piece suit with a tie, and kept a watch with a watch chain in his vest pocket.  I look forward to sharing more information with her.

No comments: