Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Correcting Birth Date William Clifford LeMaster (1870 Darke County, Ohio)

While preparing an analysis for my paternal great-granduncle, William Clifford LeMaster, I began searching for documentation of his birth at FamilySearch, in an attempt to determine his correct year of birth.  Some sources said 1871, others 1870.

Browsing through the pages for Darke County, Ohio, I found the birth volume index and located him there:



His name was mispelled as Leamaster in the index, and the record, much as his sister's birth had as well.

Paging through the records, I did manage to find his birth record, and it was recorded as September 1, 1870, not 1871.  Time to correct my records.



A direct link to the record is here.

Source : "Ohio, Births and Christenings, 1821-2003." Index and Images. FamilySearch. (https://familysearch.org) accessed 24 April 2013, Darke County, Ohio Birth Registers with index 1863-1878 vol. 1.

No comments: