Monday, January 20, 2014

Burial Record of Washington Alderman, Civil War Veteran, Madison County, Indiana

Atlas of Cemeteries and Records of Deceased Veterans of Madison County, Indiana by Haroldyne S. Zook, 1989, Published by Selby Publishing & Printing, Kokomo, Indiana
At the Elwood, Indiana Public Library I located this record of the Civil War veterans buried in Madison County and copied this page that refers to Washington Alderman (c1838-    ), my maternal 3rd-great granduncle.

Washington was the son of Richard and Eliza Alderman.  He served in Company E, 8th Indiana Infantry during the Civil War.  I've traced him no further than the 1860 census, when he was a dairyman in Madison County, Indiana.  I do not know if he survived the war.

I've visited the cemetery, but was unable to locate his grave.  The cemetery has not been well maintained, and many of the tombstones were faded.

No comments: