Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ancestry Hint : June Lambertson in 1929 Elwood Indiana City Directory

Reviewing the shaky leaves on my Ancestry "cousin bait" tree for my maternal great-grandmother, June Kirk (Davis) Lambertson the record for the family in the 1929 city directory of Elwood, Indiana.


1929 Elwood, Indiana City Directory (Binghampton, NY: The Calkin-Kelly Directory Company, 1929), page 131, Lambertson, Clemon; digital image, Ancestry.com (www.ancestry.com : accessed 20 August 2014).


While this wasn't the first time I had seen this record (I had previously viewed it at the Elwood Public Library), I was able to save the image to my computer and cite it in my Rootsmagic database and add the image to my Rootsmagic file.  I also attached the record to June's husband, Clemon, my maternal great-grandfather.

The record shows that Clemon and June lived at 1906 North F Street in Elwood, and that Clemon's occupation was that of a cabinet maker. This correlates to other information that I've uncovered stating that Clemon worked for the Sellers Kitchen Cabinets.

The directory also lists another Lambertson family, that of Orville J and Martha C, who rented a home at 522 North 14th in Elwood.  Orville was the brother of Clemon.

No comments: